Chesterfield, MO Downdraft Repair Service
When you cook food on your stove, does your house smell for hours afterward, long after you’ve finished cooking? This is a common issue with downdrafts, an important part of your Chesterfield home’s ventilation system, and if you ignore them for too long they could be damaging to your home’s indoor air quality.
Chesterfield Service can help with downdraft repairs stoves in Chesterfield, Missouri. Don’t let a broken downdraft create a dangerous situation in your home. Schedule an appointment with Chesterfield Service today.
Downdraft Repair for Kitchens
The downdraft above your stove or cooktop is a powerful fan that creates a pressurized zone around your cooking surface in order to remove smoke, steam, or other contaminants from circulating the air by exhausting them outside. As the fan draws air down through the filter, pollutants are trapped inside. The air is exhausted outside through an exterior vent or recirculated through the air after passing through another filter.
One of the key features of a downdraft is that it pulls air and pollutants down, rather than up. This downward movement of air creates a negative pressure zone around the cooking surface to prevent the pollutants from escaping into the rest of your home.
The team at Chesterfield Service can help with a wide range of downdraft repair issues such as smoke and fumes lingering in the home, motor malfunctions, electrical problems, and weak suction.
Common Downdraft Issues
Downdrafts are an integral part of your home’s ventilation system. Just like any appliance, it’s not uncommon for them to develop issues. Here are some of the most common downdraft repairs we make in the Chesterfield, MO area.
- Blockages in the Ventilation System: When airflow is restricted to your downdraft it can cause it to struggle or not work at all. Blockages are common in downdrafts and can be caused by grease buildup, debris, and bird nests.
- Broken Motor: Weak suction, strange noises, and failure to turn on are common signs of broken motors in downdrafts.
- Damaged or Dirty Filters: Over time, your downdrafts filters can become clogged with grease and other contaminants. Changing your downdraft filters on a regular basis can help maintain their performance.
- Electrical Issues: If your downdraft runs inconsistently or turns on and off frequently, it’s commonly caused by an electrical issue. Faulty wiring or a tripped circuit breaker can prevent your downdraft from turning on.
- Improper Installation: Poor placement and inadequate ductwork can cause issues with your downdraft’s performance.
- Poor Suction: When your home fills with smoke or odors linger for hours, it could be caused by a number of factors including blockages, dirty filters, and electrical issues. An experienced technician will be able to pinpoint the exact cause.
If you’re experiencing any of these kinds of issues with the downdraft for your fireplace or stove, talk to Chesterfield Service to conduct a thorough inspection to determine the cause of the issues.
Why You Should Call Chesterfield Service for Downdraft Repairs
Your home’s ventilation is important for a number of reasons. Not only do you want to make sure your downdraft is working to prevent fires, but a broken downdraft can cause a number of issues in your home.
The downdraft system is key to keeping your indoor air quality safe. Pollutants like carbon monoxide, nitrogen monoxide, and particulate matter are common around gas-burning fireplaces and ranges. By removing these airborne toxins from your home efficiently you can reduce the risk of respiratory issues in the future.
A working downdraft also helps keep your home comfortable. Downdrafts remove excess heat and steam from your cooking space. Without a working downdraft, this heat and steam can cause moisture buildup which can cause damage to your home or cause mold and mildew to grow. When you have a properly working ventilation system like a downdraft, it reduces the load on your HVAC system. If you’re cooking on the stove on a hot summer day with a malfunctioning downdraft, your air conditioner might have to work harder to correct the temperature of your home. A working ventilation system prevents the need for your HVAC systems to use extra energy which can cause spikes in your heating and cooling bills.
The Chesterfield Service team is your go-to source for home services. We understand how all the appliances of the home affect each other when there are malfunctions and issues. When you need work on any sort of appliance be it the kitchen, fireplace, or HVAC system, you can turn to the team at Chesterfield for help.
Schedule Downdraft Repair Services in Chesterfield, MO Today
Whether it’s your stove or fireplace’s downdraft that is malfunctioning, you can count on the team at Chesterfield Service to provide you with quality downdraft repair service. Contact us to schedule an appointment today.