Ductless Mini-Split Repair in Chesterfield, MO
You want to enjoy peace and quiet in your Chesterfield, MO home’s sunroom, but you hear a terrible noise. It’s coming from your ductless mini-split. Ductless mini splits, like any other HVAC system, are prone to breaking and needing repairs from time to time. Many homeowners who have made the switch to ductless mini splits know that they can rely on Chesterfield Service for repairs.
Our team of certified and licensed experts have lots of experience with installing, repairing, and maintaining mini splits, and we’re happy to provide you with the quality services that you need to make your space comfortable again. Call Chesterfield Service for ductless mini-split repairs throughout the Chesterfield, MO area.
"*" indicates required fields
How Long Do Ductless Mini-Splits Last?
Ductless mini splits can last as long as 20 years if properly installed and maintained. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the lifespan of your ductless mini-split, including:
- The Quality of the Unit: Higher-quality units are typically made with better materials and construction, which can lead to a longer lifespan. This is why it’s important to have a professional HVAC technician that deals with high-quality Bryant systems install your ductless mini split instead of opting for a cheaper option and installing it yourself.
- The Climate: Ductless mini splits that are installed in hot climates will have a shorter lifespan than those that are installed in cooler climates.
- The Level Of Use: Ductless mini splits that are used heavily will have a shorter lifespan than those that are used less frequently.
- The Quality of Maintenance: Ductless mini splits that are regularly maintained will have a longer lifespan than those that are not maintained. You can always call on Chesterfield Service for ductless mini-split maintenance services every year. Routine maintenance and inspections ensure that your system is functioning properly and catch any potential issues before they become major problems.
Signs Your Ductless Mini-Split Needs Repairs
If you notice any of these signs, it is important to have your ductless mini-split inspected by a qualified technician from Chesterfield Service as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and repair can help to extend the life of your unit and prevent more serious problems from developing.
Rising Energy Bills
Does it seem like your energy bills have been rising without changing your heating and cooling habits? Like other heating and cooling equipment, ductless mini splits become less efficient with age and may need to be repaired or replaced. Heat pumps typically last about 12 years, on average. If your system is just a few years old, contact an HVAC technician to inspect and diagnose what’s wrong. A failing part or clogged air filter could be the culprit.
Not getting enough cold air from your mini splits? This could be the result of a refrigerant leak. Handling refrigerant on your own can be dangerous, so you’ll want a professional to handle this issue. Call a technician immediately if you notice anything dripping out of your unit.
If your mini split is making unusual noises such as rattling or banging, it may be due to loose components or debris in the unit. You can try tightening any loose screws or cleaning out any debris. If the noise continues, it may be a sign of a larger issue such as a faulty fan motor or compressor, and will need to be repaired by an experienced technician.
Ice Forming on the Evaporator Coils
Your system’s outside evaporator coils can get damaged when they ice over, which also can cause inefficient cooling. The cause of this issue may be a dirty or clogged HVAC filter, a dirty coil, a broken fan, or a malfunctioning thermostat.
Repairing Your Ductless Mini-Split: A Wise Investment
If you are considering repairing your ductless mini split, it is important to contact a qualified technician to get an estimate. The cost of repair will vary depending on the severity of the problem. However, in most cases, especially if your system is less than 10 years old, repairing your ductless mini split is a more affordable and environmentally friendly option than replacing it.
- Save Money. Replacing a ductless mini-split can be expensive, especially if you have a large system or multiple air handlers. Repairs are typically more affordable than replacing the unit.
- Environmentally Friendly. When your ductless mini-split is malfunctioning, it will require more energy to make your space comfortable. Repairs will lower energy usage to peak performance, which will also make your energy bills more affordable.
- Convenient. Replacing a ductless mini-split can be disruptive and inconvenient. Repairing your existing unit can usually be done in a single day, with minimal disruption to your life.
Call Chesterfield Service for Ductless Mini-Split Repairs in Chesterfield, MO
Don’t wait too long on a broken ductless mini-split because it might make things worse. Call Chesterfield Service for all of your ductless mini-split services. Whether you want to schedule annual maintenance or add more air handlers around your home, you can count on Chesterfield Service for help.