Top 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional for Your Heating Maintenance
1. Stated in Owner’s Manual – All HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) manufacturers state in their owner’s manual (which may also be referred to as Use, Care, or User Information Guide), “annual maintenance must be performed by a trained professional.” Equipment improperly maintained can void the manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Safety – An electronically controlled explosion occurs every time your furnace turns on. Sounds scary, right? It is – especially when a trained eye doesn’t regularly inspect your equipment. Owner manuals state improper maintenance can lead to property damage and/or personal physical harm.
FUN FACTS – Furnaces were first designed in the 60’s and 70’s with limited safeties. For example, if the blower motor didn’t turn on, the unit would shut down to prevent it from melting down – literally MELTING down! Another common safety feature was for the main burner to not turn on if the pilot light was out – avoiding a whole home explosion., MOdern furnaces encompass several more safeties; however, these necessary features have added significantly to the cost of equipment.
3. Health – Routinely changing filters will reduce the amount of dust, dander, etc. within your home. Good news for individuals that suffer from allergies, asthma, and the like!
CO POISONING – CO (CarbonMonoxide) is a dangerous chemical used in your furnace that can lead to death. Residents in a home with a small CO leak will experience cold-like symptoms and become progressively worse over time. OR If the leak is severe, the residents of the home will become tired, fall asleep, and DIE. According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), 430 people die from unintentional CO poisoning every year. In addition to routine inspections, we strongly recommend placing a quality CO alarm on every sleeping level of your home.
4. Performance and Cost Efficiency – It’s simple. Just think of your heating system as the engine in your car: The less your car works, the less money you spend on gas; The less your furnace works, the less money you will spend on energy bills. On average, systems without regular maintenance cost 20% – 30% more to operate. On average, in the Saint Louis Area, residents use their heating system 4X more than their cooling system.
- Timely oil changes are imperative to avoid breakdown.
- Rust can lead to faulty parts.
- Oh! And dust bunnies are a fire-hazard.
5. Reliability – Members of our Easy Maintenance Club experience 90% fewer emergency failures than our clients that do not regularly maintain their equipment. Saving them time and money!